1. Celebrate your small victories. It’s necessary. Whether you lost one pound, wrote 1 paragraph in your new book, got to work on time, etc., make sure you celebrate. Celebrating is taking the time to acknowledge your small changes, instead of knocking yourself for what you have yet to accomplish. Call a friend, post in on FB, or dance while no one is looking… Just don’t use it as a crutch to sink back to where you came from :)
2. Have at least 1 day a week to look/feel FABULOUS!… lol, even if it means getting dressed up just go to the gas station :)
3. Pray for someone other than just yourself. Think of a friend, co-worker, the man sitting outside. It doesn’t always matter who. Prayer changes lives James 5: 13-18 :)
13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Confess your trespasses[a] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. (Emphasis added).
4. No complaining. (::Throws hands up:: This one is so hard! I’ll keep trying Lol) Try to keep it positive. Ephesians 4:29
29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
5. Ask God for what you REALLY want: emotionally, financially, physically, socially; in every area of life. Don’t be afraid. Think about it. Write them down. Present them to HIM and believe He’ll work it out for you.
As Always, – ELLE SCOOP